- Bookings for the car ferry are essential.
- The vehicle ferry trips differ depending on the island that you are travelling to. The average trip to Russell Island is approximately 1 hour and to the other islands between 35 to 45 minutes.
- A dog may be taken on the vessel as long as it is either located within the vehicle or on a leash. Dogs and other pets are permitted on the islands, however you should check with your accommodation provider to ensure that pets are allowed on their property.
Southern Moreton Bay Islands Price List
Effective 30th September 2013
For travel to/from Redland Bay to/from Karragarra – Macleay – Lamb and Russell Islands
|TO / FROM REDLAND BAY||ONE WAY PRICE|
|Car, 4WD, Ute (under 5.5 meters)||$57.00||$47.50|
|LARGE UTES & 4WD’S|
|(under 6.0m long and under 2.0m wide)||$67.00||$58.00|
|TRUCKS, COMMERCIAL VEHICLES, TOWED CARAVANS & TRAILERS|
|Per meter (Overall length including load)||$13.00|
|Extra Wide Vehicles (Over 2.4 Meters)||POA|
|Cars, 4WD’s & Utes (under 5.5 meters)||$29.00||$23.50|
|Trucks, Commercial Vehicles, Towed Caravans & Trailers (per meter)||$6.50|
|Walk on Passengers (accompanied push bikes travel free of charge)|
|Child (5-14 years)||$1.00|
|With Pillion Passenger||$21.00||$17.00|
|With side car or 3 wheel motorcycle||$29.00||$23.50|
|PASSENGERS – WALK-ON (ACCOMPANIED BUSH BIKES TRAVEL FREE OF CHARGE)|
|Child (5-14 years)||$2.00|
For travel to Karragarra – Macleay – Lamb and Russell Islands
Departs: 1 Weinam Sreet, Redland Bay QLD 4165
*Island Resident – must be registered as Resident. Not for commercial purposes.
Please enquire at Booking Office. Prices subject to alteration
Phone: 07 3488 5300
Booking Not Required
Walk-ons for the Vehicle Ferry Service and Water Taxi do not require booking. Simply purchase your ticket on board or at the office and walk on board.
Bay Islands Same Day Fare
- Southern Bay Island Residents
- Available Monday to Friday
- Bookings must be made 48 hours prior to travel
- Departure time from island confirmed on day of travel —- $56 return!